Gary Cuttrell, DDS, JD
Professor and Chair, Department of Dental Medicine
Cuttrell received his dental degree from the University of Texas School of Dentistry in Houston in 1978. He practiced in Amarillo, Texas, before returning to an anesthesia residency training program at Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago in 1988. He later joined a general practice residency program in Cleveland, Ohio, and earned a law degree from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. Cuttrell came to UNM in 2001 to help launch a general dentistry residency program. He became chief of the Division of Dental Services in May 2005 and was named chair of the new Department of Dental Medicine in July 2011.
His goal is to train young providers in providing dental care to patients of all ages.
Practice and Research Pages
- American Dental Association
- New Mexico Dental Association
- Albuquerque District Dental Society
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member, National Board of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Medical Review Committee